Sunday, November 23, 2014

Green Tea to the Rescue: St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Cleanser and Scrub Review

Green Tea is the healthiest beverage they say. Well, maybe that's true because I used to drink green tea before because a lot of people on and off the internet says it's good for clearing up acne and other health problems. Even at first I'm not a fan of teas, I resist for medication purposes. I really wanted my acne to disappear so I would drink anything even if it taste bad. But I guess it doesn't really help me with my problem, but It's good for health so that's fine.

So I was a bit surprised when I  heard about these green tea products. Wow, really? It sounds cool because it may quickly resolve my problem with acne. Oh gosh, even these products is a bit pricey for me, I bought them with faith that they're the answer. It's getting long so let's just jump to the products! :D


St.Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Cleanser  &
St.Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub

As you read the directions printed at the back of the packaging, they will tell you to use each product together that's why I got both.




1. St.Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Cleanser
Php 170+ on Watsons (200 ml)

Here's what the product claims:
This cleanser with 100% Natural Extracts gently clears breakouts and calm redness.
  • 100% Natural Extracts
  • Gently Clears Breakouts & Calms Redness (Acne Treatment)
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Oil-Free & (2%) Salicylic Acid Acne Medication
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Non-Comedogenic
  • Paraben & Phthalates Free

Why Parabens May be Bad for You?

According to certain studies, these chemicals may harm human health by contributing to the development of cancerous tumours.



I wash my face with this product daily every morning and night before bed. It smells nice, but a bit worried because I heard that cleansers with fragrance isn't good for breakouts. But I'll never know if I didn't try, so I go for it. On my wet face I just apply a generous amount on my palm then scrub with both hands to make some bubbles then I apply it over my face then rinse. Just pat it dry with a clean face towel.
As you can see on the picture above, It's just a light green gel type of cleanser and the bottle comes with a pump which is a thumbs up!

It helps me reduce my pimples. It's actually my 2nd bottle but sadly, it didn't totally cleared up my face. But I'm not telling that this product is just a waste of money, it helps but it's just not my solution. My face is so sensitive lately, I swear to you guys. So maybe because it has fragrance that's why it's not really good for my breakouts. Ugh. :(

PROS:
  • The product goes a long way
  • Easy to pump
  • Light and water based
CONS:
  • A bit pricey for me
  • The fragrance doesn't help clearing up my breakouts

Moving on, let's go for the scrub. Doesn't it work too? or it makes a difference? Hmm.

2. St.Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub
Php 180+ on Watsons (133 ml)

Here's what the product claims:
From America's #1 Scrub Brand, this scrub with 100% Naturally Derived exfoliants and skin-soothing green tea gently fights blemishes and reduces redness & irritation caused by acne. The result is clear and calm skin.
  • 100% Natural Extracts
  • Gently Clears Breakouts & Calms Redness (Acne Treatment)
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Oil-Free & (2%) Salicylic Acid Acne Medication
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Non-Comedogenic
  • Paraben & Phthalates Free
Benefits of Exfoliation:
The process of exfoliation rids the body of any dry, dull skin by removing dead skin cells from the surface of the epidermis. By removing these dead cells, exfoliation can help keep pores from becoming clogged and leave skin with a refreshed and clean feeling. What's the benefit to clean and clear pores? Clogged pores can result in blackheads and acne. -(c) howstuffworks.com


A lot of reviews says that they love it's beads which is sooo tiny compared to other St.Ives scrubs. It has micro beads probably made for breakout skin. I'm not a fan of scrubs because I'm quite scared of scrubbing my skin which has breakouts, coz I heard it's not good to scrub your face while you have breakouts as it may irritate your skin and worsen it. But girl, it says it gently clears breakouts! Probably because it will exfoliates you face which will take away flare ups and remove dead skin. I'm quite hesitant at first but, I'll just give it a try, who knows. So take note! I only exfoliate ONE TO TWO TIMES A WEEK! Even though surprisingly, the directions at the back says to use it daily for best results. Effin NO!  It's bad to scrub your face everyday as it may be irritated and will cause you to break out more.
The smell actually smells the same as the cleanser, you'll smell the loveliness of green tea. :)) A little amount goes a long way too. Just lather a small amount on each part of your face then scrub gently in a circular motion, also remember to do not scrub it hardly and just be gentle like you're scrubbing a baby's skin.
Note: Touch your face like a baby's skin as it is very delicate. ^^v
I use this product until now, because I'm loving the results, my face now is much better than before. Comment down below if you wanna know what cleanser I'm currently using that so far the best product that cleared my skin. But still, I have pimple scars and this product helps me to lighten them. So far so good...
With the help of my acne gel, my face is recovering from a nightmare.

PROS:
  • Lightens pimple scars
  • A little goes a long way
  • It's easy to squeeze out the product
  • Micro beads
  • Gentle
  • Worth it
CONS:
  • I don't really know what to put here :D
So that's it for this duo product review! I hope you learned things and you enjoyed this blog! Until next time! buh-bye!! :D

My heart loves to read comments and suggestions from you guys, don't hesitate to write them below~~!



Lovelots~


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing comments from you! Stay Awesome!